There are plenty of challenges these days when it comes to having a band. Some things are easier than others to cope with, but getting your band noticed online is really a challenge that everyone runs into. There are numerous methods, many tools, methods and techniques used to deal with getting your band noticed online. Let’s face it. Some just work better than others. How do you find what works?
Understanding the world of music marketing online definitely helps. Doing almost anything looks easy for individuals that know how. And to get good results with getting your band noticed online you just need to understand much more about what works and exactly what does not.
It’s as simple as that.
The Following are 5 effective tips for promoting your band online:
1. Create an interesting video for your music. Why would this make a difference? Well, you can catch more eyeballs this way. Despite the fact that it’s your music you need presented to the masses, many people retain visually presented material more readily. Let’s face it, it’s a visual world..
2. Make the Internet your second home. This is very important to have your profiles set up for all social networking sites such as, MySpace, FaceBook, Twitter, imeem and so on. This connects you to your target audience in a direct, real time way. Time to embrace the new technologies if you haven’t already..
3. Let people have free access to your music. I know many people will argue this fact. But I’m sorry, the visitor needs to walk away with something they can connect you to. Very few people go online with the mindset to want to pay for something that others offer for free. Especially if they don’t know who you are. You need to show a sign of good faith and give yourself a chance with them. If they like you, they’ll find you and buy whatever you have to offer.. Just remember to make sure you upload the full song, and link to your personal site for queries. Having a song on one’s machine makes for repeated listening, causing the listener to form an addiction to the track..
4. Get your own Web domain. These days you want to brand yourself however possible. Build a fan community; post updates, show details and allow your fans to post comments on your music. Interact. Engage! .
5. Make your website navigable. Why? Because fans don’t want to search to find stuff out about you. Make everything clear as day, easy to see. Assume the average person will spend 3 seconds on your page. What information will they get from that? They should be able to know your band name, members… maybe, definitely where you’re playing your next gig, and how to download/buy your music. From there, place links of all your networking profiles on your website, so that people can find you easily online. Fans should be able to move seamlessly from one of your spots to another on the web. They shouldn’t be visiting multiple sites to find out what’s up with you.
Follow the 5 tips above and you’ll get good results with getting your band noticed online. You’ll create a good environment for your fans to follow you, engage and support you. And a happy fan usually ends up giving you money!
Find out easy methods to promote your band online by visiting our music marketing website at musicpromotion-nate.com!